Serendipity Labs COVID-19 Virus Exposure Mitigation Policy and Business Continuity Planning Statement 2.28.20
In response to the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) interim guidance to businesses for preventing workplace exposures and illness from the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, Serendipity Labs is sharing the following information with its customers to facilitate health and wellness, as well as to assist in business continuity and contingency planning.
Serendipity Labs is prepared to support its client companies in accordance with CDC guidance to reduce potential for exposure to COVID-19 through non-discriminatory policies for determining and reporting risk of infection in employees or members, supporting emergency deployment of business continuity and remote work policies and maintaining technical security, connectivity and Duty of Care for its members.
Most Serendipity Labs locations are registered as Commercial Mail Receiving Agencies, and able to remain operating during Stay at Home orders an Essential Business.
I. Virus Exposure Mitigation Policy
- To prevent stigma and discrimination, Serendipity Labs will use only the US Guidance for Risk Assessment and Public Health Management of Persons with Potential Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Exposure in Community Settings to determine risk of COVID-19 infection. We will not make determinations of risk based on race or country of origin.
- As is recommended by the CDC, members and guests exhibiting signs of respiratory illness, those experiencing fever within 24 hours, or those with household members with signs of respiratory illness or fever will not be able to work at a Serendipity Labs.
- We have reinforced the importance of our standard workplace hygiene and cleaning regime, including sanitization of all work surfaces, devices in conference rooms and shared coworking workstations after each use. Disposable cleaning wipes and hand sanitizer are available in each Serendipity Labs location.
- In the event of a confirmed case within the lab we will notify members and cleaning to the advanced CDC standard will be performed.
II. Business Continuity and Contingency Planning
The CDC recommendation for reducing risks of exposure to COVID-19 in business settings is a practice known as “Social Distancing.” Social Distancing calls for reducing the size of work groups and gatherings.
- Our network of flexible workplace locations in urban, suburban and secondary cities, allows client companies to support a distributed work force strategy or business continuity plan that allows employees to avoid commutes on crowded public transportation, while maintaining corporate security and Duty of Care standards.
- Under our Corporate Services Agreements, our clients can designate employees for priority access to temporary workspace in our locations.
- Our technology infrastructure supports the increased security and bandwidth demands of remote collaboration tools and video.
- Our Ideation Studios can support streaming of live presentations and events to allow for hybrid in-person/virtual event attendance by smaller or more easily monitored groups, while reducing or eliminating business travel.
III. Serendipity Labs Employee Policies and Member Care
- We have amended our sick leave policy to enable our employees to use paid sick leave, with or without a note from a healthcare provider, if they are experiencing any symptoms of respiratory illness or a fever within the past 24 hours.
- Each Serendipity Labs’ local Manager is the designated point of contact for members who have concerns about workplace health and safety. The Manager will report any incidence of suspected respiratory illness to their supervisor. At the request of the member’s company or emergency contact, the Lab Manager will provide appropriate information to support the care of a member.
- Where Shelter in Place or Stay at Home orders are in place our labs will remain unstaffed but accessible via access card by those members that wish to use the lab. Mail handling instructions will be provided to each member via email.
- Visitors to the lab and tours of the lab have been postponed until the Shelter in Place or Stay at Home orders have been lifted.
For more information, contact the Serendipity Labs Member Experience team at email@example.com.