The Coronavirus has permeated our neighborhoods and our consciousness. It is only natural to experience worry, strain, and anxiety during this unique disruption to our work-life routine. In order to adjust to this (temporary) new normal, your mental health depends on staying alert yet calm, balanced yet flexible.
During these times of unexpected quarantine, those working from home must also remember the importance of a balanced diet, exercise, and sleep. The articles below include our favorite insights and tips to check in with yourself, support your mental and physical health, and maintain motivation while working remotely.
Stay safe. Stay healthy.
– Serendipity Labs
Mental Health Resources
- Working Remotely During COVID-19 The American Psychiatric Association Foundation explores how to maintain your health and wellness during COVID-19.
- Promoting Workplace Mental Health in the Age of COVID-19 “As workplaces continue to grapple with the best course of action for maintaining the health, safety, and productivity of their employees, they must also consider employee mental health.” Read strategies designed to support mental wellness.
- 5 Tips for Staying Productive and Mentally Healthy While You’re Working From Home TIME magazine outlines remote-working tips from workplace experts work-from-home veterans.
Physical Health Resources
- 15 Foods that Boost the Immune System Plan your meals to include these 15 powerful immune system boosters.
- How to Stay Fit During the Coronavirus Outbreak CBS News believes “Although gyms and exercise venues have closed to help stem the spread of the coronavirus, that doesn’t mean you can’t work out.” Read how they suggest you stay fit during this pandemic.
- This Is the Exercise Your Body Needs During the Coronavirus Outbreak “How to stay safe and ensure that your workout boosts, rather than suppresses, your immune system.”
- How to Stay Healthy When Stuck at Home “Staying home is essential for “flattening the curve” and preventing the spread and potential exposure of COVID-19…. Here are some tips for staying healthy during home quarantine.”
- How to Stay Physically and Mentally Healthy While COVID-19 Has You Stuck at Home “This expert-backed guide is a good place to start. Here’s how to stay healthy (and calm) while social distancing during the COVID-19 outbreak.”
- Even if you’re virus-free, COVID-19 is affecting your health. Here’s what to do. Stanford Medicine publishes how an uptick in stress, a drop of physical activity, and dip in social interactions all play a part in the COVID-19 fallout.
Working from home? Read Nine of Our Favorite Resources to Help You Work Remotely
Managing a remote team? Read Seven Trustworthy Resources to Help You Manage Your Remote Team